Before becoming the mythical site we know today, Château Saint-Jean was originally a Templar commandery. Called the "Commanderie de Saint-Jean d'Entre les Vignes", it was an important stop on the road linking the Cher Valley to the former "Bourges-Néris les Bains" Roman road.
The only remains of this past is the desecrated Chapel of the twelfth century, where was found one of the oldest graves of the buried bothers, the one of the commander Michel de Letrange, dated 1148.
This former Templar commandery was the favorite of its new owners, Nicole and Jean-Claude Delion, who have been tirelessly involved in restoring these historic places since 2016. To restore the place to its original grandeur, the owners enlisted the Jouin Manku Agency (Patrick Jouin, Designer and Sanjit Manku, Architect). The architects/designers imagined and created the reception area, bar and "La Chapelle", the Château's gourmet restaurant, with a distinct elegance. Modernizing the premises without altering them has been the cornerstone of the efforts to make this château a five-star luxury hotel with unparalleled elegance and refinement.
The majestic allure of Château Saint-Jean echoes the era of the Middle Ages and its Romanesque art. The smooth stone whitewashed by time, the facade's turrets and, last but not least, La Chapelle restaurant flanking the Château, make this luxury five-star hotel a place where time seems to stand still.
This invitation to travel is further accentuated by the presence of a 3-hectare park and a pond planted with a wide variety of trees. Stroll through the Château park's shady walkways and be soothed by the sound of flowing water and singing birds.
The Château de Saint-Jean is an island of calm, elegance and refinement where you can relax in total privacy.